Are you an x-ray technician, sonographer or an ultrasound master? Perhaps you plan to enter a career in diagnostic imaging. No matter where you stand in that career goal, the following radiology blogs can help you stay ahead of your game.
The following resources are listed within categories and by alphabetical order within those categories. We use this method to assure readers that we do not favor one blog over another.
Blogs by and for Radiology Students
- Cochinblogs: This blogger provides images for students and professionals to peruse, along with commentary.
- Learning Radiology: Grab a case study for the week and learn more about how radiology works.
- Musculoskeletal and Orthopedic MRI: Two doctors and various MRI technologists created this blog for learning and informational purposes.
- Radiology 101: Hariette, a Registered Radiologic Technologist, helps students learn how to protect themselves in an occupation where workers are exposed to radiation.
- Radiology Workers: Although the title suggests work situations, the topics carry a heavy leaning toward students who seek training to achieve their radiologist goals.
- Sumer’s Radiology Site: Sumer Sethi is the author of the medical student handbook, Review of Radiology. He also is the creator of the Radiology Grand Rounds concept.
- The Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Medicine Podcast: This is a great site for students, as you can write or call in your topic of interest for this podcast to obtain feedback.
- The Radiology Portal: If you want a vast amount of radiology resources, visit this portal created by CTDave, who is best known for his work at Dave’s Places in Radiology and Radiology Ramblings.
- The Student Radiographer: Follow a London student’s radiology studies and learning experiences at this blog.
- Topics in Radiography: Jeremy provides information on imaging methods and patient care tips that he’s learned over the years.
Radiology Outlook Blogs
- ADVANCE Outlook: Imaging & Radiation Oncology: Read this blog for concise, practical, timely information on clinical, professional and career development issues for radiology professionals.
- Health Careers Blog: Andrea Santiago shares her experiences as a recruiter. While this blog focuses on health careers in general, she does offer a good bit of career information for radiologists.
- The Radiology Blog: This blogger provides information on radiology education, training and jobs.
- X Ray Technician Blog: use this blog to learn more about radiology, including ultrasound jobs, education and employment opportunities.
Radiology at Work Blogs
- Dalai’s PACS Blog: Learn more about PACS from an “average radiologist” who became obsessed with PACS systems when he had to replace an aging system.
- Medical Physics Web: This blog will keep you riveted, as this site has much more for the radiologist, including research, technology and clinical applications.
- Misadventures of a Wandering Radiologist: A radiologist who has recently relocated to India shares thoughts, news and…misadventures.
- Not Totally Rad: The question is this: Why would someone want to spend all of that time in medical school learning to be a ‘Real Doctor,’ and then throw it all away by becoming a radiologist? Find some answers here – or at least some humor from this diagnostic radiologist blogger.
- RadGirl Radiology Blog: Rad Girl shares her experiences on the job, including information about certifications, tools of the trade and some dark humor.
- Scan Man’s Notes: Vijay Sadasivam is a radiologist who practices in the southern Indian city of Salem, Tamil Nadu. He provides instructive and news blog entries, radiology links and a casebook.
- The Radiology Assistant: The Radiology Assistant is an initiative created by radiologist Robin Smithuis for the Radiology Society of the Netherlands.
- X-Ray Rocks: Join the adventures of a radiology technician who left an old job, started a new job and is now surviving “the cutthroat world of medicine” in a hospital where the radiology unit is privately owned.
Radiology Tools and Sidelines
- Architecture for Radiology: Learn more about radiology facility design from a company that focuses exclusively on this type of construction. They also comment on radiology design and operations, as the one cannot exist without the other.
- MedGadget: Radiologists like to stay on top of emerging technologies in the medical field. This site fits the bill across the board.
- Veterinary Radiology: This blog, written by Dr. Allison Zwingenberger, focuses on providing primary and continuing eduction on veterinary radiology.
- York and stuff: If you’re interested in creating an open source availability for PACS, then visit this blog.
- Breast Imaging News: This blog brings mammography and related diagnostic breast imaging news to its readers including advances in breast imaging technology and articles of interest to both healthcare professionals and patients.
- Diagnostic Imaging: This blog focuses on molecular imaging developments across the fields within radiology.
- Health Imaging: This is a go-to site for images, information and knowledge across the enterprise.
- Imaging News – CT, MRI, and PET: Read recent news about CAT scans, magnetic resonance imaging and PET scans.
- Medicine and Technology: Gain perspectives into medicine and technology advances at this blog, created and managed by Dr. Joseph Kim.
- Medscape Radiology: This section within MedScape features news, features and expert opinion for radiologists.
- Radiology News: MedPage Today, co-developed by The University of Pennsylvania, provides radiology and CME news.
- Radiology News and Research: Catch the latest news feeds about radiology and research at this blog.
- Sonography News: This is the blog to follow for diagnostic medical ultrasound imaging news.
Organizations and Community
- Americans For Responsible Imaging: Harold publishes opinions behind this organization, which is a coalition of doctors and patients “trying to preserve the American Healthcare system.”
- Aunt Minnie: This popular site supports community, forums, media and a career center for radiologists.
- MRI Metal Detector Blog: Tobias Gilk leads readers through posts dedicated to improving patient and staff protection through greater MRI safety, particularly via the use of specially-developed ferromagnetic detection systems.
- Radiology Forums: Learn more about your career, training and opportunities at this active forum.
- Radiolopolis: Join this community to gain access to radiology news, education, case studies, videos and forums.
- Radiopaedia: Anyone can join this community to network and share knowledge about radiology fields.
- radRounds: This site is a radiology and medical imaging professional network for building relationships in clinical practice, education, career, research and industry.
This post was edited on December 23, 2014 to update websites to new links where available, and delete websites that no longer exists. Blogs that have not been updated still remain as a resource for the future.